Business Applications & ISIT Placement
- Salary: £18,300
12-month IT Placement with The Nestlé Academy
What can you expect?
On your 12-month Placement you’ll get involved with business-critical Information Systems and Information Technology projects. The important stuff. You’ll be making decisions that affect all areas of our business. Daunted? Don’t be. Our seasoned experts will be by your side every step of the way, offering their guidance and filling you with their wisdom, so that, by the end of the programme, you’ll become one of them.
As you can imagine, as one of the largest companies in the world making a mind-boggling array of products, we use a huge amount of technology. That means lots of systems, applications and devices which you’ll be learning how to navigate, use and, ultimately, improve with your bang-up-to-date know-how.
But it’s not all computers. We don’t want robots. Our technology is used by people, so you’ll also be developing your people skills. As part of your Placement you’ll provide secondary IT support, which means you’ll be listening to people’s concerns, diagnosing the cause and learning how to deliver solutions that make everyone’s life easier.
After your year-long Placement you’ll have gained so much knowledge in your field you won’t know what to do with it, the world’s your oyster and maybe that could be at Nestlé?
Based in York or Gatwick, we’ll expose you to loads of businesses within the UK and Ireland. You’ll see it all and deal with all kinds of people, giving you some serious networking opportunities.
Nestlé Academy has built its reputation as a continual innovator over a history of more than a century and a
For an ambitious ISIT candidate, it really is the best of both worlds.
A safe, secure business with which to launch a successful career but also the kind of employer that encourages you to try new ways of doing things.
We are looking for people who love exploring ideas. Does that sound like you?
For example, have you been wondering what kind of career you might want to develop once you graduate?
That bold, impressive ability to look critically at your choices is just what we want to see from the next generation of Nestlé innovators.
Who are we looking for?
This is an opportunity for any technically-minded whizz with the right drive and enthusiasm. We are especially open to people who are half-way through a tech degree and are looking ahead thinking; ‘what’s next?’
This Placement will immerse you in a world of learning and give you unbridled access to our experts’ experience and knowledge. We need people with agile learning abilities, serious problem-solving skills and a sense of adaptability. We want those who can throw themselves into the team, communicate well with anyone and everyone, and emerge at the end with the skills necessary to forge an amazing tech career.
You'll have the chance to gain deeper knowledge within one of the following Business Areas that we offer:Business Application:
- Security & Compliance: Coordinate Cyber Security initiatives, Data Privacy, Application Compliance & Risk Management, support market Audits, and oversee Market Role Co-ordination.
- Applications: Maintain & evolve locally developed applications for the UKI market. Use IT tools to create opportunities & solve business problems, using databases, web and low-code technologies.
- Ensuring Supply: Support factories, distribution centres, Innovation & Renovation facilities with planning, manufacturing, purchasing, quality, engineering & physical logistics.
- Corporate (Finance) Support: Provide system support to all areas of Finance within Nestle UK & Ireland
- Commercial: Support the systems used by our Marketing, Sales and eBusiness functions, including the operation & compliance of all systems and data that support how we work with our customers and how we interact with our consumers.
- Technology Solutions: Provide Second Level IT support, primarily in End User Computing, but also Server, Networks, Telephony and related applications and Software. You’ll be the secondary point of contact after the Customer Care team to provide advice, guidance & rapid restoration of normal services to internal customers.
- Customer Care: Our team members provide IT support to 10,000 colleagues working across our Nestlé UKI sites. We connect with every part of the business & no two days are the same! In addition to resolving issues and requests for our colleagues, you’ll also be involved in new initiatives to improve their IT experience.
Please note that you can only make one application per annual recruitment intake, so do take time to consider what’s going to suit you best. You must have the right to work in the UK.
Scheme Type: Placement
Date Added: 02 October 2020
Start Date: This role starts in June 2021